Insights and events
Bridging his experience at the highest levels of the FDA and regulatory practice, Lowell Zeta provides sophisticated legal counsel to life science clients on critical regulatory and compliance matters impacting their essential medicines and product portfolios. Innovative startups and global biopharmaceutical companies and their investors seek his strategic guidance on matters that require an integrated analysis of the science, data, and the law.
He counsels extensively on product quality, safety, and compliance with current good manufacturing practice (GMP) requirements and data integrity standards for clinical and commercial stage products, with a focus on next generation products with complex manufacturing and global supply chain considerations. He helps to resolve complicated quality issues, including by advocating for clients before FDA in regulatory meetings, inspection and enforcement action, and government investigations.
He has deep experience supporting complex contract manufacturing arrangements, including manufacturing services agreements, quality agreements, and safety data exchange agreements. He excels by leveraging his awareness of the pressures facing life science companies, his on-site experience providing clients with real-time support at manufacturing facilities around the world, and his perspective on intra-agency decision-making processes.
He is at the forefront of the industry's digital transformation initiatives, helping to propel drug development programs by navigating evolving regulatory frameworks for digital health technologies, real-world evidence (RWE), novel biomarkers, and patient focused drug development.
While at the FDA, he served as Senior Counselor to the FDA Commissioner providing leadership on cross-cutting and high-priority strategic initiatives, including the FDA COVID-19 PREPP initiative. He is a published author in peer-reviewed journals, and a public speaker on life science related topics.
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center, 2015
- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, 2008
- B.A., The University of Iowa, 2004
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, California Life Sciences Association
- Member, Food and Drug Law Institute
- Member, Parenteral Drug Association
- Member, Food and Drug Law Journal Editorial Advisory Board, Food and Drug Law Institute (2016-2020)