Alvin F. Lindsay
Partner Litigation, Arbitration, and Employment
Having tried many multi-million dollar cases through final verdict or decision, Al Lindsay knows how to make the complex understandable and put his client's best case forward.
Whether the dispute relates to a multi-billion dollar power plant construction project, a nationwide product-liability class action, the crash of an airliner in South America, or even a presidential election, Al relies on his more than a quarter-century of experience litigating some of the most important cases of our time – and gets the job done.
Having tried the most complex federal and state court actions for the first half of his career, Al's practice over the past decade has increasingly focused on international arbitration. He enjoys trying cases before arbitral tribunals and dispute boards around the world.
Al is also a nationally recognized thought leader in artificial intelligence, e-discovery, and the use of cutting-edge technology in preparation for and during trials, which is why the Associated Press called Al "an expert in technology and litigation." Complementing this use of technology, Al's consummate writing and presentation skills, alongside his well-honed witness examination techniques, translate into success for his clients, both in securing pre-trial dismissals and settlements, as well as desirable trial and appellate outcomes.
With deep industry knowledge of the construction, energy, infrastructure, telecoms, and technology industries, Al acts as a trusted advisor to his clients throughout a litigation or arbitration life cycle. Balancing out his knowledge of his clients' businesses is Al's commitment to giving back. Al is the Miami office's Pro Bono Chairman, overseeing the office's efforts and personally providing local and regional organizations with legal advice to help the less fortunate.
*Matter handled prior to joining Hogan Lovells.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif., 1991
- B.S., University of Southern California, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association Litigation Section
- American Inns of Court, Miami Chapter, Board Member
- International Law Section, Florida Bar, Chair 2016-2017
- Association of Certified E- Discovery Specialists, Advisory Board 2015-2019
- University of Miami Law Alumni Association, President, 2006-2007
- Miami International Arbitration Society
- University of Miami Law Review, Alumni Board Member