Insights and events
Jasmeet K. Ahuja is one of the firm’s lead New York and Pennsylvania litigators when complex matters of data privacy and protection result in class action litigation and regulatory enforcement.
As an engineer with years spent working in the heart of our government's national security apparatus, Jasmeet brings both substantive and practical experience to her practice counseling clients, calmly steering them through their most vulnerable moments.
From navigating the difficult terrain that follows a cyber security incident to advising on the development of secure software applications, Jasmeet works with start-ups and Fortune 500 companies alike. She also counsels companies facing complex antitrust investigations, leveraging her background in government to proactively advise clients on the most efficient way to address regulator questions. When litigation is unavoidable, Jasmeet stands ready to be an advocate and problem-solver.
On the pro bono side, Jasmeet has worked closely with local and state governments on gun regulation reform and immigrant rights, playing a key role in the landmark City of Philadelphia v. Attorney General of the United States of America case.
Prior to joining Hogan Lovells, Jasmeet clerked for the Honorable Kent A. Jordan of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and for the Honorable Mary A. McLaughlin of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and served as a federal criminal prosecutor. Earlier in her career, she spent almost a decade in public service at the Department of State, the Pentagon, and the House of Representatives, developing U.S. defense and foreign relations policy with a focus on defense technology.
- J.D., Yale Law School, 2013
- M.S., Stanford University, 2004
- B.S., Stanford University, with honors, Phi Beta Kappa, 2003
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Board Member, Anti-Defamation League Philadelphia
- President, South Asian Bar Association of Philadelphia
- Executive Committee Member, Yale Law School
- Commissioner, Swarthmore Borough's Human Relations Commission
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Term Member, Council on Foreign Relations