Insights and events
"Very thoughtful and inventive; he created arguments others wouldn't have thought of," "excellent experience"
Ollie Armas is Global Head of the International Arbitration practice group and on the leadership team of the firm's Global Enforcement Team for judgment enforcement and asset tracing/recovery. He is sought out by clients around the world to resolve their most complex and delicate matters in domestic and foreign litigation and before international arbitration tribunals.
With his 30 plus years of experience, Ollie advises clients on a variety of matters in a several industries including M&A, life sciences and health care, consumer, energy and natural resources, and construction and engineering.
Fluent in Spanish, with an understanding of Portuguese, he routinely counsels clients on matters connected to Latin America. He is also well-known for his work connected to Asia.
As a sought-after arbitrator, he has handled arbitrations under the rules of most of the major arbitral institutions around the world (HKIAC, SIAC, ICC, ICDR, ICSID, etc.) and has acted as a foreign legal adviser on U.S. law in foreign proceedings.
Chambers Latin America
"Wonderfully sharp," "an incredible lawyer," "we really value him"
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1990
- M.P.A., New York University, Wagner Graduate School of Public Administration, with honors, 1987
- B.A., New York University, College of Arts and Sciences, with honors, 1986
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Hawaii