Hogan Lovells advises Greenvolt on the acquisition of MaxSolar

Led by Frankfurt partners Alexander Stefan Rieger and Jörg Herwig international law firm Hogan Lovells has advised Portuguese renewables company Greenvolt - Energias Renovaveis SA, acting in a joint venture with infrastructure investor Nature Infrastructure Capital, on the acquisition of all shares in German solar developer MaxSolar GmbH. The transaction is completed already.

Founded in 2009 in Traunstein, Bavaria, MaxSolar is a leading company in the development, implementation and management of solar photovoltaic and battery storage projects in the German and Austrian market. The company develops ground-mounted and rooftop photovoltaic solar projects and has a pipeline of 3.2 GW, of which 0.8 GW are in an advanced stage of development. 

Greenvolt will hold 35 percent of the shares in MaxSolar, while Nature Infrastructure Capital and the management team of the German solar developer will hold the remaining 65 percent of the shares.

Greenvolt, a company of the Altri Group, operates in the renewable energy sector and is a leading Portuguese producer of electricity from forest biomass. The acquisition marks the entry of Greenvolt in the German market, one of the most important renewable energy markets in the world.

Hogan Lovells advised Greenvolt on all legal aspects of the transaction. Marathon Capital acted as financial advisor. Noerr LLP and Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP acted as legal advisor for Nature Infrastructure Capital.

Hogan Lovells team for Greenvolt - Energias Renovaveis SA 

Dr Alexander Stefan Rieger (Partner), Johannes Groß (Senior Associate), Dr Joscha Müller, Pascal Wagenführ (Associate) (all Infrastructure, Energy, Resources and Projects, Frankfurt);

Dr Jörg Herwig (Partner), Alexandra Willm (Senior Associate), Aaron Bär (Associate) (all Corporate);

Dr Carla Luh (Partner), Marco Weibrecht (Senior Associate) (both Project Finance, Hamburg);

Dr Marc Schweda (Partner), Dr Jan-Christoph Rudowicz (Senior Associate) (both Antitrust, Hamburg);

Christian Ritz (Partner, Munich), Vincent Rek, (Associate, Berlin) (both Compliance); 

Karl Pörnbacher (Partner, Litigation, Munich); 

Dr. Mathias Schönhaus (Partner, Tax, Dusseldorf).


Back To Listing