Global Policy Advocacy
, Washington D.C.
, Washington D.C.
Working at the Intersection of Business and Government - Locally and Globally
Hogan Lovells offers its clients a unique approach to shaping policy and governmental decisions.
Across the major policy-making centers of Washington
, and in other jurisdictions across the world, our global team brings together deep regulatory knowledge and public affairs experience with local insight to deliver results on a local and international level.
In an increasingly dynamic and complex policy environment, we help our clients to identify emerging policy risks and opportunities and to shape policy and governmental decisions to their advantage. Working at the intersection of business and government, we bring to bear policy insight and hard-edged legal arguments to deliver real results on business-critical matters.
We help clients by:
- identifying and analyzing policy, legislative and regulatory proposals
- preparing submissions to government departments, agencies and regulators, including in response to formal consultation exercises
- assisting with oral advocacy in front of policymakers and legislators
- advising on the use of litigation tactics and hard-edged legal arguments as part of the policy-making process
- advising on submissions to and appearances before legislative committees and inquiries
- advising on legislative processes, drafting and interpretation.
Awards and Rankings
- "'...our first port of call for smart business-minded lawyers', say clients of this well-regarded commercial firm."
Legal 500 UK
- "leading lobbying firms view the team as fierce competition." Chambers & Partners USA
- "Hogan Lovells is a first tier firm in EU regulatory." Legal 500 EMEA