We use cookies to deliver our online services. Details of the cookies we use and instructions on how to disable them are set out in our Cookies Policy. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. To close this message click close.

Hogan Lovells’ Bruce Gilchrist Named “Dealmaker of the Year” by The American Lawyer

01 April 2013

WASHINGTON, D.C., 1 April 2013 – Hogan Lovells is proud to announce that Washington, D.C. corporate partner Bruce Gilchrist was named to The American Lawyer's list of 2013 “Dealmakers of the Year.”

Gilchrist was recognized for leading a Hogan Lovells team in advising Equity Residential on the US$16 billion acquisition of the assets of Archstone Enterprise LP (Archstone) from Lehman Brothers Holding, Inc. It was the largest merger and acquisition transaction announced in the real estate industry in 2012.

Equity Residential partnered with AvalonBay Communities, Inc. (AvalonBay) to jointly acquire Archstone. Under the terms of the agreement, Equity Residential acquired approximately 60 percent of Archstone’s assets and liabilities and AvalonBay acquired the remaining 40 percent. Archstone’s portfolio consists principally of high-quality apartment properties in major markets throughout the United States. The transaction closed in February.

Equity Residential is a longtime client of Hogan Lovells, dating back well over a decade.

The American Lawyer's “Dealmakers of the Year” list highlights a small, select group of lawyers who worked on some of the most noteworthy and complex deals of the previous year, both in terms of its monetary value and its importance to the client's business strategy. The list, in its entirety, can be viewed by clicking here

Loading data