Standard essential patents – navigating antitrust and patent law issues in licensing negotiations
7 November 2014
On November 7, 2014, Hogan Lovells held a seminar titled "Standard essential patents – navigating antitrust and patent law issues in licensing negotiations."
The seminar – co-hosted by the Centre for Regulation and Public Policy at Shenzhen University – was one of the first of its kind produced by an international law firm in Shenzhen, China.
The speakers at the seminar included antitrust and patent law partners from Hogan Lovells offices in Washington, D.C, Düsseldorf, Beijing and Shanghai, as well as a professor from Shenzhen University:
• Logan Breed (antitrust, Washington D.C.)
• Martin Faehndrich (patent, Düsseldorf)
• Adrian Emch (antitrust, Beijing)
• William 'Skip' Fisher (patent, Shanghai)
• Professor Ye Weiping (Shenzhen University)
Many in-house lawyers from high technology companies in Shenzhen attended the seminar.