Fashion & Law Newsletter April 2014
- Clarification in respect of validity and enforceability of trademarks protecting single brand elements (Levi Strauss' Tab device)
- Likelihood of confusion between figurative marks "SEVEN" and word mark "SEVEN FOR ALL MANKIND"
- Are beauty and fashion really so incompatible? Case-law denies similarity between personal care goods and fashion goods despite market reality
- Isabel Marant protects its brand online
- Use of designations on t-shirts: Purely decorative or use as a trademark?
- Mere decorative use rather than use as a trademark if symbol of average distinctiveness is used in an untypical manner on clothing
- The Gucci vs Guess battle — invalidity of Gucci's "G" trademarks
- (Not so) Glamorous Chanel shirts
- The Russian secret of "Lady in blue": the Hermitage vs. designer lya Yots before the newly established Russian Intellectual Property Court
- Mr. Wills — a pheasant of distinction
- The German Supreme Court on proof of ownership of an unregistered Community design
- The French Supreme Court leaves a loophole for the possibility of protection of fragrances, but how big?
- The German Supreme Court lowers requirements for copyright protection for works of applied arts
- Rihanna v Topshop