Insights and events
Luis Bottaro advises Venezuelan and Latin American companies in the oil, gas, petrochemical, and telecommunications sectors on matters related to energy, dispute resolution, and general corporate law.
He advises clients on regulatory energy matters, particularly regarding hydrocarbons and gaseous hydrocarbons laws, administrative law, civil and commercial codes, tax law, commercial and investments arbitrations, government contracting matters, and foreign investments protection law.
He negotiates complex government and commercial contract/licensing transactions, and advises clients concerning engineering, procurement and construction, transfer of technology, construction, and management of contracts.
Luis has been involved in numerous international arbitration procedures as in-house and external consultant, arbitrator, and expert witness. He has been included in the arbitrators list of the Cámara de Comercio de Caracas corresponding to the ICC Paris Chapter. He is a member of the ICC Arbitrator Counsels Panel based in Caracas and is also listed as an arbitrator in the Bolivian Arbitration Chamber.
- LL.M., New York University School of Law, 1987
- J.D., Universidad de Los Andes, cum laude, with honors, 1969
- Member, List of Mediators, Caracas Chamber of Commerce, 2016
- Member, List of Arbitrators, National Chamber of Commerce, Bolivia, 2011
- Member, Private Corporations General Counsels Committee, 1997
- Member, List of Arbitrators, Caracas Chambers of Commerce, 1996
- Member, International Bar Association, 1987
- Member, Caracas Bar Association