Insights and events
Helen Atkeson has worked for decades with states, cities, public authorities, other governmental entities, and nonprofit entities in the United States to fund their capital programs using traditional debt financings and through public-private partnerships. Her work shapes communities, with the construction of convention centers, low-income housing, airports, roads, college dorms, hospitals, and museums, to name a few.
She helps her government clients understand and satisfy their obligations under the federal securities laws when they access the debt markets. She brings her understanding of debt structures to the firm's M&A team when assisting academic medical center and university clients to collaborate, restructure, or affiliate with others.
Helen moved to Denver "for a few years" after finishing a clerkship on the U.S. Court of Appeals in her hometown of Washington, D.C. She joined the firm in 1993 when the Denver office opened.
- J.D., The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 1982
- B.A., Duke University, 1979
- Fellow, American College of Bond Counsel
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- President of the Board of Directors, National Association of Bond Lawyers