Insights and events
Mark W. Brennan leads our global Technology and Telecommunications industry sector group. He is also our Lead Innovation Partner, responsible for championing innovation in client service, new products, and legal innovation across the firm's global business.
Mark has a truly unique global regulatory and policy practice that makes him a valuable resource for clients across industry sectors. An experienced advisor, Mark is a respected voice on privacy and communications matters, and his thoughtful strategies empower clients on matters spanning regulatory consultations and rulemakings to compliance and product design to government investigations and enforcement. He advises clients on artificial intelligence, online content (including Section 230), market entry and licensing, spectrum policy, biometric data and facial recognition, Internet of things, U.S. CLOUD Act, cloud services, calling/texting laws, and other technology and consumer protection matters.
Global internet and technology companies and household name clients in the financial, health care, pharmaceutical, government contracts, advertising, and automotive sectors all rely on Mark to help solve their most pressing challenges.
Mark receives dozens of requests each year to share his insights on telecommunications, privacy, and consumer protection issues at marquee conferences and is most well-known for obtaining significant victories for clients on data protection and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) issues.
Mark also advises on other communications and privacy matters, including Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act and state privacy laws, the FCC's CPNI rules, CAN-SPAM, the Video Privacy Protection Act, COPPA, data breach laws, and more.
Mark is a member of our Americas Diversity Committee and was a founding Chair of our global Pride+ LGBT+ ally network.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2005
- B.S., University of Florida, summa cum laude, 2002
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Co-chair, Consumer Protection Committee, Federal Communications Bar Association
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Past Board Member, National LGBT Bar Association
- Past Board Member, Sitar Arts Center
- Past Board Member, Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts
- Past Executive Leadership Team Member, Lawyers Have Heart D.C.
- Past Chair, Charity Auction Committee, Federal Communications Bar Association
- Past Co-chair, Mobile Payments Committee, Federal Communications Bar Association
- Past Co-chair, Social Media, Membership & Marketing Committee, Federal Communications Bar Association
- Past Co-chair, Transactional Practice Committee, Federal Communications Bar Association
- Past Co-chair, Young Lawyers Committee, Federal Communications Bar Association
- Past Executive Committee Member, Federal Communications Bar Association