The Mongolia Investment Summit London 2014 will showcase Mongolia’s vast opportunities to London’s investment community. Covering the areas of mining, energy, real estate, infrastructure and finance, the summit will feature a series of keynote presentations and panel discussions on developing effective strategies for enhancing Mongolia’s growth and maximising return on investment while capitalising on new policies and regulations.
Keynote presentation: Examining legal developments and what this means for the stimulation of FDI
Wednesday, 30 April: 10:30 a.m. - 10:55 a.m.
Chris Melville, Partner, Hogan Lovells, Mongolia
- Assessing the investment law and other recent legal developments
- Analysing upcoming legislative proposals and what impact they could have on your business
- What steps need to be taken to secure additional FDI?
Investor panel discussion: Examining investor appetite for Mongolia in light of regulatory changes, reduced demand for commodities and growing urban development
Wednesday, 30 April: 2:30 p.m. - 3:20 p.m.
Chair: Chris Melville, Partner, Hogan Lovells, Mongolia
- Political hurdles, a global commodity slowdown and a drop in Chinese demand: to what extent do investors still view the Mongolian mining industry as a good investment opportunity?
- The new investment law: should the implementation of the new investment law significantly change how investors view the potential for returns on their investments?
- Ulan Bator’s growth: what are the new investment opportunities emerging as a result of Ulan Bator’s urban development? Which of these could see the greatest return in the long term?
- What are the common administrative barriers foreign investors face when first investing in Mongolia and how could these be successfully navigated?