+1 303 454 2460
+1 303 899 7333
Mark Kurtenbach represents private and public companies and private equity and venture capital investors in mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, securities offerings, joint ventures, strategic relationships, and general corporate matters.
Mark has extensive experience in the representation of financial and strategic buyers and sellers in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, including transactions that range from the sale or acquisition of emerging growth companies to the sale or acquisition of multibillion-dollar global enterprises. Mark's experience includes structuring, negotiating, and closing private equity investments, stock and asset acquisitions, mergers, tender offers, and leveraged buyouts. He also represents both minority and majority participants in joint venture arrangements, with a particular emphasis on sports and entertainment joint ventures.
Mark represents a wide variety of issuers, including first time issuers, in private placements and public offerings of debt and equity securities, including Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings, and he also represents public companies in connection with their reporting and compliance obligations under federal securities laws and stock exchange rules.
His practice spans a variety of industries, including sports and entertainment, media, telecommunications, technology, travel, hospitality, manufacturing, healthcare, and business advisory and financial services.
Prior to law school, Mark worked for an international public accounting firm as a certified public accountant.
- Represented a Fortune 25 diversified health and well-being company in the issuance of over US$6 billion of investment grade notes through registered and Rule 144A offering transactions.
- Represented the buyer in its acquisition of The Oklahoma Publishing Company, including its ownership of The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Represented a leading leveraged buyout firm with US$4 billion in invested capital in numerous competitive and proprietary platform company acquisitions, concurrent senior and mezzanine debt financing transactions, and follow-on acquisitions.
- Represented both buyers and sellers in the acquisition or disposition of franchises in the NBA, NHL, MLS, and other major professional sports leagues.
- Represented Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in its sale transaction to affiliates of Silver Lake Partners.
- Represented Anschutz Entertainment Group in numerous strategic and joint venture transactions, including the acquisition or disposition of majority or minority interests in technology, media, sports, facilities management, ticketing, music festival, and other entertainment-related businesses.
- Represented a private equity portfolio company in the issuance of US$250 million senior secured high yield notes in a Rule 144A for life offering transaction.
- Represented Xanterra Parks & Resorts, Inc., the largest national and state park concessionaire, with respect to the acquisition of multiple real estate, hospitality, and adventure travel-related businesses.
- Represented an emerging technology company and its founding family in the sale to an NYSE listed technology company.
- Represented an NYSE listed entertainment company in the issuance of US$600 million of high yield notes in Rule 144A offering transactions and the subsequent Exxon Capital registered exchange offering for the same.
- Represented a collaborative workspace and educational start-up company in its US$18 million Series A financing.
- Represented a NASDAQ listed mining company in a US$128 million registered shelf take-down offering of common stock.
- Represented a privately held leading radio network company in the US$30 million private placement of subordinated unsecured notes.