Insights and events
For decades, George Carneal has been counseling clients from virtually all sectors of the aviation industry on a broad array of issues. As the founder of the firm's Aviation Practice Group, and former general counsel of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), he is exceptionally qualified to help clients identify risks and surmount the most challenging matters.
Clients benefit from George's knowledge and insights, whether the assignment involves obtaining federal authorities approvals to the provision of commercial aviation services; advising with respect to the Department of Transportation (DOT), FAA, and other federal agency regulatory compliance; the defense of enforcement proceedings; aircraft and parts certification; or the activities of foreign civil aviation authorities.
George frequently teams with professionals from the firm's worldwide network to address clients requirements involving antitrust, corporate and finance, procurement, labor, trade, tax, and litigation at the trial and appellate levels, and lobbying matters.
The National Aeronautic Association honored George with its prestigious Admiral Wesley L. McDonald Statesman of Aviation Award, and Chambers has long ranked him as a Senior Statesman.
- LL.B., University of Virginia School of Law, Order of the Coif
- A.B., Princeton University
- District of Columbia
- Virginia (inactive)
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- Member, Aero Club of Washington
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association