, New York
, Washington, D.C.
, Hong Kong
We have a long history of successful transactions related to this dynamic country, ideally positioning us to assist clients with both inbound and outbound matters. Our strong relationships and knowledge of the Indian market have been recognized by the India Business Law Journal
, which lists us among the top international advisers and "15 key players," as well as the main legal directories, including Chambers Asia
and Asia Pacific Legal 500
. To facilitate our work related to India, we have lawyers who are fluent in Hindi and other Indian languages.
Working with Indian counsel, Hogan Lovells advises clients entering the Indian market on a broad range of matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, aviation, project finance and infrastructure, international trade, intellectual property, information technology, and pharmaceuticals. We also act for Indian companies and banks that are involved in transactions in other countries, for instance Indian investors that are buying assets abroad, setting up companies outside India, or raising capital in overseas markets.
We undertake India-related work from a number of the firm's offices around the world, particularly London, New York, Washington, D.C., Singapore, Dubai, and Hong Kong.
Awards and Rankings
- Named a top international adviser and one of 15 "key players" for India-related legal services, India Business Law Journal, 2009-2012
- Ranked as a leading international firm for Corporate/M&A (India), Chambers Asia, 2008–2012
- Ranked as a leading foreign firm for India-related work, Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2008–2012
- Honored with two "M&A Deal of the Year" awards, India Business Law Journal, 2008; 2012
- Listed by Bloomberg as among the top three law firms for India announced–M&A deals, first quarter 2008