Insights and events
As part of our Antitrust, Competition and Economic Regulation (ACER) practice, Sophie Vriezen advises on all aspects of EU and UK competition law. This includes advising clients on antitrust investigations, UK, EU and multi-jurisdictional merger control and competition law compliance. Sophie has experience across a range of industry sectors, including TMT, life sciences, insurance and transportation.
She also provides advice on State aid law and public procurement matters.
Sophie has also spent time working in the Hogan Lovells ACER team in Brussels.
Advising IBM on the EU merger control aspects of its US$34bn acquisition of Red Hat.
Advising BASF on the combination of its paper and water chemicals business with Solenis.
- LPC, BPP University Law School, 2017
- GDL, BPP University Law School, 2016
- LL.B., Utrecht University, 2015
- M.Sc., London School of Economics and Political Science, 2013
- B.A., Utrecht University, 2012
Bar admissions and qualifications
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Competition Section of the Law Society