Insights and events
Due to her significant trial and arbitration experience, if and when disputes are filed or commenced, clients regularly turn to Phoebe Wilkinson to handle their class actions, litigations and arbitrations.
Phoebe has more than 20 years of experience appearing in courts throughout the United States and before international arbitration tribunals around the world. She also serves on Hogan Lovells' Global Board, and is the manager of our New York Litigation, Arbitration, and Employment practice.
Phoebe focuses on product-related matters, advising product manufacturers on the array of legal issues they face, including those related to pre-dispute strategy, risk management to minimize exposure to potential future disputes, safety, compliance, marketing, and warranties.
She has handled disputes for clients across a variety of industries, including consumer products, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, retail, electric and nuclear energy, and financial institutions. Typical disputes involve claims that parties engaged in fraudulent conduct, failed to perform under contracts, and/or violated state and federal laws and statutes. Relied on for her counsel, advice, and advocacy, Phoebe works side by side with corporate counsel, corporate executives, engineers, medical professionals, and bankers to reach their goals inside and outside the courtroom.
Phoebe is called upon as a speaker and author on cutting-edge legal issues that are important to her clients, and has been recognized for her work in many prominent industry publications. In 2012 she was named one of the top women litigators in the United States in Benchmark Litigation's inaugural edition of the "Top 250 Women in Litigation," an accolade Phoebe has been awarded in each subsequent edition.
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn Journal of International Law Member, Moot Court Honor Society National Team Member
- A.B., Brown University
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- Board member, Brown University Sports Foundation
- Board member, New York City Cyclones (a youth ice hockey organization)
- Board member, New York Lawyers for the Public Interest, Inc. (NYLPI)
- Board member, The American Friends of St. Paul's Girls' School, London, England
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, DRI - The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Member, New York City Bar Association, Product Liability Committee
- Member, New York State Bar Association
Best Lawyers in America
The New York Law Journal's "Top 25 New York Verdicts in 2009"
Legal 500 US
Awards & rankings
16 June 2020 | 09:30 - 10:30 (EDT)