Insights and events
Starting his career as a trial lawyer more than 25 years ago, Jeff George has developed his civil litigation and litigation avoidance practice to cover all forms of contractual and commercial matters, with a significant emphasis on construction, real estate/development, and licensing matters.
Jeff's extensive experience with how things can go wrong after deals are inked allows him to identify risks and prevent problems by addressing them up-front with clear risk-shifting provisions at the contract negotiation stage. Once disputes do arise, Jeff quickly becomes a strategic problem-solving advocate to help clients resolve their disputes in an efficient, cost-effective, and reasonable manner. Jeff has helped clients attain resolutions through early mediations, negotiations, and summary proceedings.
For those disputes involving an adverse party acting unfairly and unreasonably, and where a trial on the merits is the only practical option for the client, Jeff has litigated cases to verdict and/or judgment before the federal and state courts in several states, as well as before judicial arbitrators.
Jeff has represented clients in numerous industries including construction, health care, hotel/hospitality, manufacturing, mining, real estate, real estate information services, skiing/snowboarding resorts, amateur and professional sports, and technology.
Jeff is an active member of the community, having served as a board member of several charitable organizations, including Pikes Peak Hospice Foundation, March of Dimes, Junior League of Colorado Springs Advisory Committee, and Goodwill of Southern Colorado.
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, with honors, 1989
- B.A., The Pennsylvania State University, with distinction, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Member, Associated General Contractors of Colorado
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, El Paso County Bar Association