Insights and events
Robert Anderson is a consultant in our Intellectual Property practice in London. Robert has practical experience of dealing with disputes involving most types of intellectual property matters but now focuses on trade and industrial secrets and patent law.
He graduated from Edinburgh University in Natural Sciences and has considerable experience of dealing with cases involving technical subject matter. He has acted in a number of major industrial secrets cases, ranging from glass factories in Russia, the development of bacterial strains in Taiwan to a process for extracting alginates from seaweed and marine engineering. Robert is a solicitor-advocate in the High Court and was head of Lovells International Intellectual Property practice from 1997 to 2005. He has, for a number of years, been a member of the Examination Board for the Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property at Oxford University and teaches patent and trade secrets law on the course. He assisted the European Commission with their proposals to reform trade secrets law and was lead editor of a report prepared for the EU Commission on comparative trade secret law in Europe.
- B.Sc. Natural Sciences, University of Edinburgh
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Agents
- European Patent Lawyers Association
- Executives City of London Law Society, Intellectual Property Sub-Committee
- Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- Solicitors European Group