Insights and events
Robert Leitner understands business issues, and he is knowledgeable in advising clients on a broad range of commercial disputes matters.
Robert focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and dispute resolution for numerous industries, including life sciences and health care, consumer goods, and financial institutions.
Robert graduated first in his class in law school, was a member of the Order of the Coif and the Society of Bar and Gavel, and served as a member of the University of Miami Law Review. His comment on asylum law for sexual minorities, which was chosen as the best student comment of his class, was published in his final year of law school. He previously served as a judicial intern for the Honorable R. Fred Lewis of the Florida Supreme Court.
Among other speaking engagements, Robert has participated in a Florida Bar-sponsored CLE for new lawyers on recent developments in Florida employment law, and he has lectured human resources professionals on aspects of wage and hour law.
Prior to joining Hogan Lovells, Robert was an associate at two international law firms based in Miami. He also worked in China and Vietnam as an educator.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, summa cum laude, 2004
- M.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 2001
- B.A., Tulane University, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit