Insights and events
For nearly 25 years, Ed Fishman has advised clients on managing legal and compliance risk matters within the United States and in connection with their cross-border business activities.
Ed provides regulatory, compliance, and transactional advice to clients in the life sciences, manufacturing, consumer products, and other industries on transportation, logistics, product distribution, and supply chain matters. He regularly provides advice on the legal and regulatory risk matters associated with public infrastructure and government contracting projects that are pursued through outsourcing arrangements, joint ventures, and public-private partnership transactions.
Ed also advises multinational clients across a range of industries on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), trade sanctions, the False Claims Act, and other U.S. laws and regulations that apply to business activities within and outside the country. He has conducted global internal investigations relating to the FCPA, fraud and abuse, conflicts of interest, international trade, and other ethics and compliance matters, and has also worked with various regulatory agencies around the world to resolve such matters.
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, with highest honors, 1996
- M.A., The George Washington University, 1996
- B.A., Duke University, cum laude, 1991
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Member, American Bar Association, International Law Section
- Member, Strafford Publications, International Law Advisory Board