Insights and events
Chambers Latin America
"The 'very talented' Richard Lorenzo enjoys an impressive reputation for his work within the international commercial litigation and arbitration sphere."
Richard C. Lorenzo is Regional Managing Partner for the Americas and, as a member of the firm's leadership team, is focused on achieving the firm's strategy in the region. He previously held a number of management roles including board member and Miami Office Managing Partner.
Richard focuses on international commercial litigation and arbitration for foreign and domestic clients with interests throughout the United States, Latin America, and Europe. Using creative and nuanced strategies, Richard resolves his clients' complex cross-border disputes which are often precedent-setting. Whether it's a dispute in English or Spanish, or before any of the most important tribunals or institutions – including the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the American Arbitration Association (AAA), the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), and others – Richard effectively analyzes the matter and collaborates with clients to implement a winning strategy. Time spent living in Latin America attuned Richard to the civil law system and political landscape of Spanish-speaking jurisdictions, which complements his English-language arbitration practices.
Richard is actively involved in academia. He extensively lectures in his practice area and is an adjunct professor of International Arbitration and Litigation at Florida International University College of Law. Richard also maintains a national and international media presence on topical international legal issues, and has appeared on CNN En Español and served as a guest commentator on Bloomberg Radio.
"Richard Lorenzo stood out for his vision of arbitration and litigation strategy, and his cultural and language skills."
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, cum laude, 1995
- B.S., Rollins College, magna cum laude, honors degree, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Advisory Board Member, Centro de Arbitraje de la Industria de la Construcción
- Dean's Advisory Council, Florida International University College of Law
- Executive Council Member, The Florida Bar's International Law Section
- Board Member, Hispanic National Bar Foundation
- Roster of Arbitrators of the National and International Arbitration Center of the Lima Chamber of Commerce
- Chair, Miami International Arbitration Society, 2023