Hogan Lovells US LLP
875 Third Avenue
Phone +1 212 918 3000
Fax +1 212 918 3100
Hogan Lovells' New York office provides a full range of litigation and transactional advice to Fortune 500 companies, multinational corporations, emerging businesses, and individual business leaders. Among our clients are some of the world's largest media, entertainment, and telecommunications companies; pharmaceutical manufacturers; accounting firms; internet businesses; real estate developers; automobile manufacturers; insurance and reinsurance companies; investment banks and international financial institutions; investment funds; energy companies; hospitals; universities; and healthcare providers.
We have built a client base of such first-tier businesses through our ability to provide seamless service on local, national, or international matters. We have 180 experienced lawyers resident in New York, and can call on the skills of 2,300 counterparts in our network of 40 offices in the United States, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America, giving us the ability to match clients' specific needs to our worldwide skills. As a result, we combine an in-depth knowledge of a wide variety of industries with an up-to-the-minute understanding of global market forces.
The New York office provides a full range of legal services, and includes:
- a Complex Commercial Litigation practice, which focuses on class actions and other complex litigation and arbitration
- Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Capital Markets practices capable of handling domestic and international transactions
- an Employment practice that counsels clients throughout the world to meet the complex challenges of an increasingly regulated global workplace
- an Intellectual Property Litigation practice that focuses on the most sophisticated patent, trademark, and copyright matters
- a Bankruptcy and Restructuring practice with global reach and resources
- a Real Estate practice that handles matters in New York and throughout the world
- an International Tax practice that serves the largest organizations in transactional and compliance matters
- an Automotive practice, which represents most of the world's largest automobile and motorcycle manufacturers
- a White Collar and Investigations practice, experienced in the full range of legal and regulatory issues
- a Media practice, which represents several of the largest media conglomerates in the world on litigation, corporate, and tax matters
- a Securities Litigation practice, prominent in financial fraud and in matters relating to accountants' liability
- a Financial Institutions Litigation and Transactional practice serving a number of the world’s largest commercial and investment banks, investment funds, and insurance and reinsurance companies.
Hogan Lovells is among a select group of international law firms able to meet the domestic and cross-border needs of North America's most prominent businesses, helping them address their most difficult challenges and realize their most exciting opportunities.
Former Leadership Positions
Assistant Attorney General in charge of the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice
Two Chairs of the Antitrust Section of the New York State Bar Association
Chief Appellate Attorney for the Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney's Office
Chief of the General Crimes Unit in the U.S. Attorney's Office
Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York
Deputy Chief Appellate Attorney for the U.S. Attorney in the Southern District of New York
Chair of the New York State Bar Association's Committee on Media Law
Board member of the Legal Aid Society
Chair of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association's Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities
Vice-Chair of the Antitrust Law Section of the American Bar Association's Corporate Counseling Committee
Chair of the Litigation Section of the American Bar Association's Committee on Trial Practice
Awards and Rankings
Ranked as a leading firm in five categories: Media & Entertainment: Corporate, Media & Entertainment: Litigation, Insurance, Healthcare, Corporate/M&A: Highly Regarded, Chambers USA, 2011
A recommended firm in the 'Litigation: Advice to Insurers' category, Legal 500 US, 2010
For the fourth consecutive year, the New York office was recognized in 2010 by the New York State Bar Association's Empire State Counsel program as having ten or more attorneys who each provided more than 50 hours of pro bono legal services.
Two India-related transactions carried out by the firm were named as 'Deals of the Year' in the 'Mergers and Acquisitions' category by the India Business Law Journal in its 2008 awards.