Antitrust, Competition and Economic Regulation
, Practice Area Leader
, Practice Area Leader
Today's global businesses face a challenging framework of antitrust and competition laws in jurisdictions around the world. Hogan Lovells' Antitrust, Competition and Economic Regulation team is ideally placed to help you deal with these effectively.
We have one of the largest global practices with presence in 16 countries, and we operate at the cutting edge of every major area of antitrust and competition law. This includes the most significant multinational mergers and joint ventures, cartel cases, abuse of dominance and restrictive practices cases, as well as other competition and antitrust investigations. We represent clients in litigation and advise on public law and policy issues and legislation, as well as State aid and public procurement matters. We regularly represent clients before the European Commission, the U.S. federal and state agencies, and other national antitrust and competition authorities, and have extensive experience before the EU, U.S., and national courts.
We also help our clients to anticipate and avoid antitrust and competition problems. We offer ongoing advice, compliance audits, interactive compliance and dawn raid e-learning courses, training seminars, and mock dawn raids.
Our range of experience extends to all sectors of the economy including energy, defense, financial services and insurance, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, technology, and transportation.
Awards and Rankings
- Global Competition Review (GCR): Ranked as one of the top 10 "Global Elite" practices, 2015
- Shortlisted in the 2014 Chambers Global Awards for "Competition/Antitrust Law Firm of the Year"
- Ranked for "Competition/Antitrust" Chambers Global, 2015
- Partners listed in the International Who's Who of Competition Lawyers & Economists, 2015
- Highly recognized by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500, 2015
- Ranked Tier 1 in UK Competition Litigation, Legal 500 UK, 2015
- Litigation of the Year (FTC vs LabCorp), 2012 GCR Awards
- Merger Control of the Year - Americas (Google/ITA deal), 2012 GCR Awards
- Competition/Regulatory Team of the Year, 2012 The Lawyer Awards
- Tom Leary won the 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award, GCR
Former Leadership Positions
- Logan Breed, Vice-Chair, American Bar Association (ABA) Antitrust Section's Intellectual Property Committee
- Rachel Brandenburger, Non-governmental Advisor to the International Competition Network (ICN) appointed by the European Commission
- Susan Bright, Trustee of the British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Adrian Emch, Non-governmental Advisor to the ICN
- Mark Jones, member of the Advisory Board of the Competition Law Forum at the British Institute of International and Comparative Law.
- Ciara Kennedy-Loest, Steering Committee Member, UK Procurement Lawyers Association
- Joe Krauss, Officer of the ABA Antitrust Section; nongovernmental advisor to the Mergers Working Group of the ICN; Delegate of the Section of Antitrust Law to the ABA House of Delegates
- Jan McDavid, Senior Vice-Chair, International Bar Association (IBA) Antitrust Committee and non-governmental advisor to the ICN
- Leigh Oliver, Vice-Chair, ABA Antitrust Section's Transportation and Energy Committees
- Bob Liebenluft, Co-chair of the ABA Antitrust Section Joint Conduct Committee; Vice-chair of the ABA Health Law Section Task Force on Accountable Care Organizations; Fellow of the American Health Lawyers Association; Chief of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Health Care Section
- Rachel Brandenburger, Special Advisor, International to the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Kathryn Hellings, Assistant Chief of the National Criminal Enforcement Section, Antitrust Division, U.S. DOJ
- Sanford Litvack, Assistant Attorney General, Antitrust Division, U.S. DOJ
- Robby Robertson, Chief Trial Counsel, Bureau of Competition, FTC
- Ciara Kennedy-Loest, Consultant - PHARE Programme, European Commission
- Joe Krauss, Assistant Director and Deputy Assistant Director of the FTC Mergers II Division, head of the FTC Premerger Notification Office
- Dave Saylor, Deputy General Counsel of the Federal Communications Commission; Assistant Director, Bureau of Competition, FTC
- Leigh Oliver, Vice-Chair, ABA Antitrust Section's Transportation and Energy Committees Health Care and Pharmaceuticals Committee
Hailed by Global Competition Review as a top 10 "Global Elite" antitrust and competition practice, 2015