Legal and Financial Risk - March 2014
March 2014Legal and Financial Risk Newsletter
Hogan Lovells' Legal and Financial Risk is a bi-monthly newsletter on recent legal developments that will impact upon corporates and financial institutions.
In this edition:
- Supreme Court Judgment widens the ambit of liability for negligent misrepresentation
- Supreme Court finds that claims against dishonest assistants and knowing recipients in cases of fraudulent breach of trust are subject to a 6-year limitation period
- Court of Appeal decides that one bite of the cherry is enough for awards by the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Damage limitation clauses: damages may not be an adequate remedy compared to injunctive relief
- The FCA's consumer credit regime
- The importance of the dominant purpose test in proving litigation privilege
- The courts see-saw over implementing Jackson reforms
Read the full newsletter: 'Legal and Financial Risk - March 2014'