Legal and Financial Risk
July 2011Legal and Financial Risk Newsletter
Bi-monthly newsletter on recent legal developments that will impact on corporates and financial institutions.
This edition features:
- A white paper, a draft bill and a new conduct regulator
- Victory for SFO as Chief Executive found guilty of making misleading statements
- Court of Appeal rules on recoverability for economic loss following negligent property damage
- "Keeping crooks out of finance" - the FSA highlights its focus on credible deterrence in its Annual Report 2010/2011
- The U.S. Supreme Court tightens 'commonality' requirements for class actions
- Hong Kong - The Securities and Futures Commission tests its strategies in insider dealing cases
- The Congo in Hong Kong: Beyond the Reach of Hong Kong's courts
- The Court of Appeal rules that settlement offers describing themselves as "Part 36 offers" should, where reasonably possible, be construed as such by the courts
- European Court of Human Rights confirms that FOS is not bound by English law in determining complaints
Read the full newsletter: "Legal and Financial Risk - July 2011"