Harriet Pearson on Sen. Rockefeller's Cybersecurity Approach
12 February 2013TheCorporateCounsel.net
In this podcast, Harriet provides analysis into Sen. Rockefeller's survey of corporate responses to his cybersecurity questionnaire and the overall challenges in this area (check out the "Chronicle of Protection Blog" that Harriet contributes to), including:
- Why is cybersecurity a hot topic for lawyers now, and not just IT?
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your practice. In particular, about your experience at IBM and how that's relevant to cybersecurity.
- Senator Rockefeller recently published a report on his interactions with the CEOs of a number of US companies on cybersecurity. What did he - and they - say, and what's the significance of that?
- What is driving Rockefeller?
- So it seems that concern about this issue on the part of Senator Rockefeller, the President, the SEC and others, will not go away. Do you agree? Where is cyber-security on the policy curve for legislation and regulation?
- What about the SEC? How is that regulator looking at this set of risks?
- Since it's not going away as a policy and political issue, what do you recommend companies do to manage the risk back at their companies?