Global Media and Communications Quarterly - Spring 2014
Spring 2014Global Media and Communications Quarterly
This issue of the Global Media and Communications Quarterly focuses on the European Parliament's recent vote on net neutrality and the Parliament's focus on specialised services.
Topics in this newsletter include:
- European Parliament votes to strengthen net neutrality
- Net neutrality: the emerging debate in Asia
- USA: The role of technical experts in modern telecom/technology policy making
- EU: The Data Retention Directive declared invalid by the Court of Justice
- Local content quotas apply to Canadian pornography
- USA: Libel by blog and international enforcement of libel judgments
- EU: Copyright levies and the Cloud
- LTE-Unlicensed: The New WiFi?NETMundial: Multistakeholder Consensus Hides Tension on Internet Governance
- China: A Cause for Optimism?