Consumer Code of Conduct published
7 October 2014
The draft Consumer Goods and Services Sector Code of Conduct (Code), which is intended to guide the consumer goods and services industry, has been published for comment.
The draft Code aims to put minimum standards of conduct in place for interacting with consumers by:
- Enhancing standards of conduct in the industry.
- Creating growth via heightened levels of certainty.
- Ensuring fair business practices are in place for industry participants.
- Educating consumers on their rights and redress procedure.
- Putting an alternative dispute resolution system in place.
The industry affected will include retailers, suppliers, wholesalers, distributors, manufacturers, producers, importers and their agents.
Written comment is invited to the draft Code by 3 November 2014.