Nicky knows finance. She understands what is needed to get a deal done – having led some of the most complex structured deals in the market over 17+ years. Nicky brings to deals precise technical skills together with a commercial, deal-driven approach. Nicky's experience is expansive. It covers securitisation, structured and unstructured funding arrangements, debt capital markets and bank deals. Critically, in this fast-moving market, Nicky also supports clients on market access, deal structuring and regulatory compliance.
Nicky has acted for all of the major players in the market – from banks, funds and hedge counter-parties to REITs, public and private companies and trustee companies. Having acted for borrowers and lenders on both sides of the ledger Nicky can guide her clients as to the 'must haves' on a transaction.
Nicky also supports clients on complex regulatory issues. She regularly advises domestic and international clients on financial services and banking regulation in Australia. Nicky enjoys cutting-through complex legislation to provide clear, concise and practical advice to her clients.
Nicky is a trustee and director of the Westpac Foundation and a director of Bangarra Dance Theatre Australia Limited (Australia's national indigenous dance company).
Nicky is admitted to practice in Australia. She completed a combined Bachelor of Laws (Honors) and Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Tasmania.
Areas of Focus
* Advising National Australia Bank in funding Pepper Australia's acquisition of GE Capital's A$5.1bn residential mortgage loan portfolio.
* Advising Goodman Group-led consortium on financing the A$1.4bn acquisition of ING Industrial Fund.
* Advising DEXUS on numerous secured and unsecured bilateral and syndicated bank deals and on the refinancing of its commercial mortgage-backed securitisation program.
* Advising Investa Property Trust on its A$1.9bn refinancing.
* Advising Goodman Australia Industrial Fund
* Advising on the establishment, restructure and refinancing of numerous commercial mortgage-backed securitisation programs, including for Walker Corporation, Cromwell Property Group, Leda Group and Becton.
* Advising ING Bank on numerous term deals under its IDOL residential mortgage-backed securitisation program.
* Advising Westpac on numerous term deals under its WST residential mortgage-backed securitisation program.
* Advising Symbion on the establishment and restructure of its pharmaceutical trade receivables securitisation program.
* Advising BWP Trust (a subsidiary of Wesfarmers) on the establishment of its A$MTN program.
*Matter prior joining Hogan Lovells
*Matter handled prior to joining Hogan Lovells.