Solid Performance in Full Year M&A League Tables
16 January 2014
LONDON, 16 January 2014 - Hogan Lovells has continued to demonstrate the strength of its worldwide platform with its showing in the full year M&A league tables compiled by Mergermarket, Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg.
Commenting on the 2013 rankings Andrew Skipper and Stuart Stein, co-heads of Hogan Lovells' global corporate practice, said:
"These results demonstrate that clients are recognising the depth and strength of our global platform and the high quality, industry-focused expertise our team can bring to any transaction. Our continuing improvement in the rankings reflects market recognition of the vision we had in building the Hogan Lovells platform.”
Our headline rankings include:
- 5th by value and 5th by volume Globally for Worldwide (announced including withdrawn) (Thomson Reuters)
- 5th by value and 10th by volume for any UK involvement (announced) (Thomson Reuters)
- 6th by value for US (announced) - counsel to principals (Bloomberg)
- 6th by value for Europe (announced) - counsel to principals (Bloomberg)
- 7th by value for any US involvement (announced) (Thomson Reuters)
- 8th by volume for Russia (Mergermarket)
- 9th by value for cross border deals (announced) (Bloomberg)
- 9th by value and 13th by volume for Worldwide (completed) (Thomson Reuters)
- 10th by volume for Europe (Mergermarket)
- 10th by volume and 12th by value for any Middle East & North Africa involvement (completed) (Thomson Reuters)
In 2013, the firm has worked on a number of large transactions including:
- Advising on the US$24.4 billion Dell go-private transaction;
- Advising Liberty Global on its US$1 billion disposal of Chellomedia;
- Advising the Trustees of the Kodak Pension Plan (KPP) on a comprehensive settlement of its claims against the Eastman Kodak Company (EKC), which includes KPP's US$650 million acquisition of EKC's Personalized Imaging business and Document Imaging business;
- Advising Brookfield Infrastructure on the €732 million mandatory tender offer for up to 40% of the issued share capital of Arteris S.A. (formerly Obrascon Huarte Lain Brasil, S.A.), with its joint venture partner Abertis Infraestructuras S.A.;
- Advising UST Hotel Joint Venture, Ltd on the US$717 million sale of the Peabody Hotel in Orlando, Florida to affiliates of Hyatt Corporation.
- Advising Advent International on its sale of Oxea, one of the largest global manufacturers of Oxo chemicals;
- Advising Kingdom Holding Company in leading a consortium of investors to acquire a US$400 million strategic stake in 360Buy Jingdong Inc.