Hogan Lovells Wins Four Euromoney European Women in Business Law Awards 2011
30 June 2011
LONDON, 30 June 2011 - Hogan Lovells has won four Euromoney European Women in Business Law Awards 2011. The winners were announced at a ceremony held yesterday evening, 29 June, in London.
Hogan Lovells was awarded the accolades of Best International Firm for Women in Business Law and Russia Law Firm of the Year. Two individuals, Alicante trademark partner Verena Von Bomhard and Brussels international trade partner Lourdes Catrain, were also recognised as best in their field.
In their inaugural year, the Euromoney European Women in Business Law Awards celebrate firms setting the standard for female-friendly work practices and recognise the achievements of women leading the field in the legal sector across 34 jurisdictions in Europe.
The awards ceremony included keynote addresses by three such individuals, Cherie Booth QC, Barrister and Recorder Constance Briscoe, and Anne Fletcher, Compliance Director at Royal Mail.
Ruth Grant, Co-Chair of Hogan Lovells' Worldwide Diversity Committee, said:
"These awards are a fantastic accolade and recognise both Hogan Lovells commitment to supporting the career progression of women in the workplace and the individual achievement of some of our truly excellent women. Part of our Good Citizenship value is to create and maintain an inclusive working environment for our people and our gender equality initiatives are an important part of this."
These awards follow several recent achievements in the diversity arena for Hogan Lovells, which include:
- being one of three law firms to be included in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2011;
- ranking as the UK's 10th highest scoring private sector employer and third highest scoring law firm in the Stonewall Top 100 Employers 2011 Workplace Equality Index, a guide to the UK's top gay-friendly employers;
- receiving a top rating of 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign’s annual Best Places to Work Corporate Equality Index Report two years in a row (2010 and 2011);
- being rated as the most attractive employer for lawyers in Germany for the second year in a row by azur100 - Top Employers for Lawyers, 2011.
Hogan Lovells has a comprehensive strategy to enhance diversity and ensure an inclusive working environment, which means commitment to:
- recruit, nurture, develop and advance the most talented law students, graduates, lawyers and support personnel
- engage all members of Hogan Lovells with its diversity agenda and integrate diversity and inclusiveness into all activities
- ensure workplace policies and processes are inclusive and designed to promote a high-performance culture that values individual contribution, teamwork, innovation and productivity.
About Hogan Lovells
Hogan Lovells combines the breadth of business-oriented legal advice and high-quality service that clients have come to expect through working with its two founding firms – Hogan & Hartson and Lovells.
"Hogan Lovells" or the "firm" refers to the international legal practice comprising Hogan Lovells International LLP, Hogan Lovells US LLP, Hogan Lovells Worldwide Group (a Swiss Verein), and their affiliated businesses, each of which is a separate legal entity. Hogan Lovells International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC323639. Registered office and principal place of business: Atlantic House, Holborn Viaduct, London EC1A 2FG. Hogan Lovells US LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in the District of Columbia.
The word "partner" is used to refer to a member of Hogan Lovells International LLP or a partner of Hogan Lovells US LLP, or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications, and to a partner, member, employee or consultant in any of their affiliated businesses who has equivalent standing. Rankings and quotes from legal directories and other sources may refer to the former firms of Hogan & Hartson LLP and Lovells LLP. Where case studies are included, results achieved do not guarantee similar outcomes for other clients.