Hogan Lovells Wins Chambers Global Dispute Resolution Firm of the Year
01 April 2014
LONDON, 28 March 2014 – Hogan Lovells' global dispute resolution practice has won the 'Chambers Global Award for Excellence 2014.'
The award recognises notable cross-border achievements by firms, in particular their outstanding work, entrepreneurial spirit and expansion during the preceding year. The key is achieving high rankings across a range of disputes services.
Hogan Lovells was selected for its impressive list of complex, cross-border corporate disputes and high profile financial services litigation including advising BTA Bank on a multi-billion dollar fraud case against former chairman Mukhtar Ablyazov.
Michael Davison and Stephen Immelt, global co-heads of litigation, arbitration and employment commented:
"This award is testament to the complexity of the matters we handle and our capability to provide a seamless, cross-border service to our clients. We are one of the only firms that can provide in-depth support across so many key jurisdictions such as the UK, US, Europe, Russia and Asia. 2013 was an outstanding year for the firm and our involvement in a number of high-profile litigation, asset recovery, cartel fraud and investigations are great examples of our multi-jurisdictional capabilities."
About Hogan Lovells Global Dispute Resolution team:
• The BTA Bank case was the largest asset recovery and fraud case ever seen by the English courts and involved litigation in several jurisdictions including Russia, Germany, Ukraine and Kazakhstan.
• The European team is known for its ongoing advice to TÜV Rheinland and affiliated companies in more than 15 jurisdictions globally on a liability case concerning the certification of the French breast implant manufacturer P.I.P.
• In 2013 the team advised on the UK's largest, cross-border group multi- action case.
• Currently advise 62% of the Top 50 Fortune 100 companies and 20 companies in the FTSE 100.
• Included in the 'Top 20 Litigation Cases of the Year' by The Lawyer, three years in a row.
• Awarded 'Litigation Team of the Year' at The Lawyer Awards 2013.