Hogan Lovells Welcomes Female Lawyers Returning to Work With Extension of OnRamp Fellowship to UK
Wednesday 1 June 2016
Senior Public Relations Adviser
+44 20 7296 2780
Hogan Lovells was one of four law firms to pilot the OnRamp Fellowship programme in the U.S., welcoming its first OnRamp fellow in June 2014. Following its success, Hogan Lovells is expanding its participation in this programme to the UK legal market as a co-founding law firm.
The OnRamp Fellowship provides a re-entry platform for female lawyers returning to the workforce after an extended career break. The programme is designed to match experienced female lawyers with law firms for a one-year, paid Fellowship - giving them the opportunity to demonstrate and build on their experience, skills, and legal contacts.
Ruth Grant, partner and Chair of Hogan Lovells' Diversity and Inclusion Committee, commented:
“As a global law firm we are committed to empowering girls and women, and to the advancement and retention of women at all stages in their career. We strive to maintain a diverse and inclusive working environment as diversity creates better teams, and better teams mean better solutions for our clients."
Susan Bright, Regional Managing Partner - UK and Africa, said:
"As one of the inaugural Fellowship firms in the U.S., we know first-hand the perspective and value these returning women add to our population and the profession, which is why we are so excited to support this initiative as it expands into London."
Candidates must have at least three years of experience and be returning from a career break of two or more years to apply for a Fellowship position. Visit www.onrampfellowship.com for more information.
Hogan Lovells commitment to advancing and retaining female talent has been recognised extensively in the global marketplace, including:
- Ranked in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2016 for the fifth time;
- Awarded Business in the Community Opportunity Now Excellence in Practice Award for Engaging Women in 2015;
- Awarded Euromoney European Women in Business Law Awards Best International Firm for Work-life Balance for the second time in 2015;
- Named in the Working Mother Media and Flex-Time Lawyers "50 Best Law Firms for Women" list for the fourth consecutive year in 2015;
- Recognised by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum with its Gold Standard Certification for the third consecutive year in 2015;
- Selected by Yale Law Women as a top ten family friendly firm in its annual policy survey, “Top Ten Family Friendly Firms Initiative” for the third time in 2015.
Senior PR Adviser
+44 207 296 2780
Regional Managing Partner