Hogan Lovells Recognised for Raising the Bar in The Economist's Global Diversity List
30 October 2015
Hogan Lovells has been recognised in The Economist’s new Global Diversity List, published on 28 October 2015.
London Senior Manager for Diversity and Wellbeing, Alison Unsted, was named in the list as one of the Top 50 Diversity Professionals in Industry globally; and Hogan Lovells was also recognised for having one of the Top 10 Ethnicity Employee Networks worldwide.
The Global Diversity List, which will be published annually, aims to create a definitive global diversity benchmark and gold standard that covers every aspect of diversity in all countries. It comprises eight categories recognising LGBT, disability, ethnicity and women's networks, as well as individuals.
Commenting on Hogan Lovells' achievements, Ruth Grant, Chair of the firm Diversity and Inclusion Committee, said:
"This is a fantastic and well deserved achievement for Alison and our diversity networks. Diversity is a core business priority for us as a global law firm. We reflect in our culture the diversity of our communities and our clients. That plays a major role in the growth and success of our people and our business. To receive industry recognition for our efforts is hugely encouraging. There may be a way to go, but we are on the right track."
The outcomes of the firm's work in the diversity arena, through embedding a focus on diversity in its business strategy and planning; having a global diversity business plan executed across all regions and practices; and the introduction of diversity targets, have been recognised extensively in the marketplace, including:
- Named in the Working Mother Media and Flex-Time Lawyers "50 Best Law Firms for Women" list for the fourth consecutive year in 2015 (U.S.);
- Ranked in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015 for the fourth time (UK);
- Awarded Euromoney European Women in Business Law Awards Best International Firm for Work-life Balance for the second time in 2015, and awarded "Best Firm for Minority Women Lawyers" in 2014 (CE);
- Awarded Business in the Community Opportunity Now Excellence in Practice Award for Engaging Women in 2015 (UK);
- Selected by Yale Law Women as a top ten family friendly firm in its 2015 annual policy survey, “Top Ten Family Friendly Firms Initiative” (U.S.);
- Ranked in the Stonewall Top 100 Employers 2015 Workplace Equality Index, a guide to the UK's top gay-friendly employers, for the fifth consecutive year and as the 6th highest ranked law firm (UK);
- Recognized by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum with its Gold Standard Certification for the third consecutive year in 2015 (U.S.);
- Awarded the 2015 T-Mobile Diversity Excellence Award by the T-Mobile Legal Diversity Team (U.S.);
- Selected as finalist by client DELL, Inc. for its Legal Diversity Award in 2015 and 2014, won in 2013;
- Awarded 'Best International Firm in China' and 'Best International Firm China Practice' at the Euromoney Asia Women in Business Law Awards 2014 (Asia)