Hogan Lovells Recognised for Investment in Women by Halsbury Legal Awards 2013
13 May 2013
LONDON, 13 May 2013 - Hogan Lovells has won the Investment in Women in the Law category at the Halsbury Legal Awards 2013.
The awards recognise the achievements and talents of remarkable individuals and teams in the legal sector as well as those who contribute to the promotion, growth and value of the sector.
Hogan Lovells won the award for the introduction of a global diversity plan in 2012 focused on the development, retention and advancement of women lawyers, with an objective of increasing the number of women partners to 25% by 2017 and 30% by 2022 and increasing women in management positions to 30% by 2015.
This recognition follows several recent achievements in the corporate diversity arena for Hogan Lovells, which include:
- Winning Best Mentoring Programme at the Chambers UK Women in Law Awards 2013.
- Ranking in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for the third consecutive year.
- Ranking fifth in the Working Mother magazine 50 Best Law Firms for Women list 2012.
- Achieving 100% rating in the Human Rights Campaign’s annual Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality 2012.
- Being awarded the Best Firm for Minority Women Lawyers at the Euromoney European Women in Business Law Awards 2012.
Ruth Grant, Co-Chair of Hogan Lovells' Global Diversity Committee, said:
"This award is another great achievement that recognises our commitment to diversity and to progressing gender equality initiatives as part of our strategy to create and maintain an inclusive working environment for our people.
Hogan Lovells is committed to supporting the career progression of women in the workplace however we recognise there is more to do so we have committed ourselves to targets which will ensure the firm is a truly inclusive environment for the long term".
Hogan Lovells has a comprehensive strategy to enhance diversity which means commitments to:
- Recruit, nurture, develop and advance the most talented law students, graduates, lawyers and support personnel.
- Engage all members of Hogan Lovells with its diversity agenda and integrate diversity and inclusiveness into all activities.
- Ensure workplace policies and processes are inclusive and designed to promote a high-performance culture that values individual contribution, teamwork, innovation and productivity.