Hogan Lovells Performs Strongly in H1 2012 M&A League Tables
20 July 2012
LONDON, WASHINGTON D.C., 20 July 2012 - Hogan Lovells has achieved significant gains across key regions and markets in the H1 2012 M&A league tables compiled by Mergermarket, Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg, published last week.
The firm achieved top 10 rankings by volume for Global, Europe, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Eastern Europe, Russia, Benelux and India; and top 20 rankings by value for France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Benelux and Japan.
H1 2012 also saw significant increases in rankings in a number of key regions including Global, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, UK and Eastern Europe, including:
- 4th by volume and 5th by value for Italy (Thomson Reuters - mid-market M&A)
- 5th by value and volume for Germany (Mergermarket)
- 5th by volume and 9th by value for France (Mergermarket)
- 6th by volume and 8th by value for Russia (Mergermarket)
- 7th by volume for UK (Bloomberg)
- 7th by volume for Europe (Bloomberg)
- 7th by volume for Global (Bloomberg)
- 8th by volume for U.S. (Bloomberg)
- 9th by volume for Eastern Europe (Bloomberg)
Commenting on the H1 2012 rankings Andrew Skipper, global co-head of Hogan Lovells' corporate practice, said:
"We established a goal two years ago to make sure local clients in all of our markets, and global clients, would find compelling our platform of high quality, industry focused global expertise."
Stuart Stein, the other global co-head of Hogan Lovells' corporate practice, noted further that:
“Despite challenging markets, both new and existing clients are recognizing the unique value-added of our platform, and our reputation is spreading. Our rankings show both the progress and impact we are making."