Hogan Lovells one of only four firms to receive U.S. and UK WILEF Gold Standard recognition
Washington, D.C.,/London, 19 July 2021 – Global law firm Hogan Lovells has been awarded Gold Standard Certification in the U.S. and in the UK by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), one of only four firms to receive the accolade across both regions and constituting the nineth consecutive year that the firm has been recognized in the U.S., and the third in the UK.
Twenty-nine U.S. law firms and 10 UK firms have been awarded the 2021 Gold Standard Certification. For 2021 U.S. Gold Standard Certification, firms must satisfy both the following two mandatory criteria:
- 25% of equity partners or, alternatively, 40% of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past 12 months are women
- 10% of women equity partners are women of color or 4% of women equity partners are LGBT
- 20% of the firm and U.S. branch office heads are women
- 25% of the firm’s primary governance committee are women
- 25% of the firm’s compensation committee or its equivalent are women
- 20% of the top half of the firm’s equity partners in terms of compensation are women
- 20% of equity partners or, alternatively, 33% of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past twelve months are women
- 20% of the firm’s primary governance committee are women
- 20% of the firm’s compensation committee or its equivalent are women
- 15% of the top half of the firm’s equity partners in terms of compensation are women
- 10% of women equity partners are non-white or 4% of women equity partners are LGBT
Hogan Lovells is one of nine firms that satisfied all six criteria in the U.S., one of five to meet all requirements in the UK, and one of four to have met both the U.S. and UK Gold Standard.
Julie-Anne Johnston, EMEA Diversity, Inclusion & Wellbeing Senior Manager, commented: “We are delighted to receive further recognition by WILEF on progressing the careers of our talented women, which demonstrates our commitment to providing diverse and inclusive client teams at the highest ranks.”
Rosevelie Márquez Morales, Americas Diversity & Inclusion Director, said: “We are honored to have achieved Gold Standard Certification across both our U.S. and UK teams, which aligns with our diversity and inclusion commitments as a strategic priority. We continuously strive to create an environment where all our women are supported to achieve their career advancement goals.”
This is the eleventh year of the U.S. Gold Standard, the third year for the UK, and the fifteenth anniversary of the WILEF Forum. More details about WILEF Gold Standard Certification can be found here.