Hogan Lovells Launches Pensions360
07 March 2014
7 March 2013 - Hogan Lovells London pension team has today launched "Pensions360: the full picture", a new microsite with interactive online tool and UK pension planner designed to make it easier for clients to recognise the full-service, cross-practice, client offering Hogan Lovells provides, unrivalled by competitors.
The tool, a unique market offering, covers issues ranging from scheme investments, corporate restructurings and transactions, to funding solutions and interaction with the Regulator or the courts; whilst the planner provides, in a user-friendly and interactive manner, full details of recent and forthcoming pension developments to enable readers to keep fully up to date.
Commenting on the initiative, Edward Brown, partner in Hogan Lovells' pensions team, said:
"Pension clients need legal advice across a much wider range of issues than pure "pension" matters. The ability to draw on experts from other practices who are not only experts in their field but have an in-depth understanding of pension issues sets us apart from our competitors, and this is what we hope to demonstrate to a wider spread of clients with our new microsite. We hope clients will find the microsite – in particular the pensions planner – really useful."
Hogan Lovells has a strong track record of advising clients on high profile, market-leading matters involving cross-practice expertise including:
- Advising the Trustee of the Kodak Pension Plan (KPP) on a comprehensive settlement of its claims against Eastman Kodak Company (EKC), which included the transfer of ownership of EKC's Personalized Imaging business and Document Imaging business to the Trustee, with a stated purchase price of US$650 million. Over 300 Hogan Lovells lawyers were involved on the deal. (Pensions, BRI, Corporate, Real Estate, Employment, Tax)
- Advising the Trustee of the AA Pension Scheme on the impact of the AA's £3 billion whole business securitisation and the security to be granted to the Trustee as part of these refinancing arrangements. (Pensions, Debt Capital Markets, IPMT)
- Advising the Trustees of the Industry-Wide Coal Staff Superannuation Scheme and Industry Wide Mineworkers' Pension Scheme on an innovative restructuring and pension fund debt-for-equity swap. (Pensions, Real Estate, Corporate, Environment)
- Advising a major multinational company on a £500 million pension funding escrow trust. (Pensions, Capital Markets, Corporate, Financial institutions)
- Advising ITV in relation to a longevity swap covering £1.8 billion liabilities entered into between the Trustee of ITV's pension scheme and Credit Suisse. (Pensions, Corporate Insurance, Derivatives)
- Advising the Trustee of the Pilkington Superannuation Scheme on a £1 billion longevity insurance arrangement with Legal & General. (Pensions, Corporate Insurance)
To visit the microsite: http://www.hoganlovells.com/pensions360
To use the planner: http://www.hoganlovellsukpensions360.com/uk-pension-planner
Hogan Lovells' broad cross-practice capability covers the full spectrum of legal advice from lawyers who understand pension clients; advising on issues from scheme investments, corporate restructurings and transactions, to funding solutions and interaction with the Regulator or the courts.
The ability to draw on experts from other practices who are not only experts in their field but have an in-depth understanding of pension issues sets us apart from our competitors and we have a track record of devising and implementing creative and practical solutions to meet our clients' needs.