Hogan Lovells Hosts Third Annual Winnik International Telecoms & Internet Forum
14 October 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C. 13 October 2014 – Hogan Lovells is holding its third annual Winnik International Telecoms & Internet Forum on 22 October at its Washington, D.C. office. The annual event features a robust discussion of current issues shaping the international telecoms, media, and internet landscape.
The 2014 forum will feature a keynote address by FTC Commissioner Maureen Ohlhausen.
Telecommunications professionals from around the world will gather at this event to engage in high-level discussions concerning the most pressing business and policy issues facing participants in the global telecom market. This year’s panel discussions will cover a range of topics including:
- Spectrum Policy — Emerging Issues in Mobile Broadband and Wireless Services
- Privacy, Cybersecurity, and Law Enforcement Access Issues for Connected Devices
- Connected and Mobile Health
- The battle for the customer raging around the “Internet of Things”
The guests panelists include an eclectic mix of regulatory and business professionals including:
- Roger Sherman, Chief, FCC’s Wireless Telecommunications Bureau
- Dean Brenner, Senior Vice President for Government Affairs, Qualcomm
- Michael Brown, Vice President of Security Product Management and Research, BlackBerry
- Charlie Giordano, Chief Technology Officer, GE Healthcare Life Care
- Kathleen Ham, Vice President of Federal Regulatory Affairs, T-Mobile
- David Jeppsen, Vice President of Business Development and Public Affairs, NTT DoCoMo USA
- Julie Kearney, Vice President, Consumer Electronics Association
- Danielle Kriz, Director of Global Cybersecurity Policy, Information Technology Industry Council
- Harry Lightsey, Executive Director, Global Connected Consumer, General Motors
- Jules Polonetsky, Executive Director & Co-Chair, Future of Privacy Forum
- Tom Schaffnit, President, VII Consortium/Consultant to Honda
Additional information regarding this year’s event, including registration instructions, is found here.