Hogan Lovells Awarded Place in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women Survey 2011
13 April 2011
LONDON, 13 April 2011 - Hogan Lovells has been recognised in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women survey 2011, in partnership with Opportunity Now, announced today, 13 April.
The Times Top 50 Employers for Women survey is the definitive list of the top employers for women in the UK. Employers are judged by an expert panel from Opportunity Now, a campaign which promotes the business case for gender equality, on their internal action, external commitment and best practice.
Hogan Lovells is one of three law firms to be included in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2011. This recognition follows several recent achievements in the diversity arena for Hogan Lovells, which include:
- ranking as the UK's 10th highest scoring private sector employer and third highest scoring law firm in the Stonewall Top 100 Employers 2011 Workplace Equality Index, a guide to the UK's top gay-friendly employers;
- receiving a top rating of 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign’s annual Best Places to Work Corporate Equality Index Report two years in a row (2010 and 2011);
- being rated as the most attractive employer for lawyers in Germany for the second year in a row by azur100 - Top Employers for Lawyers, 2011
Ruth Grant, Co-Chair of Hogan Lovells' Worldwide Diversity Committee, said:
"Ranking in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women is a great achievement which recognises our commitment to diversity and to progressing gender equality initiatives as part of our strategy to create and maintain an inclusive working environment for our people. It is particularly timely following completion of a highly successful Diversity Awareness Month which started on International Women's Day during which we held over 15 diversity-related events in the London office."
Hogan Lovells has a comprehensive strategy to enhance diversity and ensure an inclusive working environment, which means commitment to:
- recruit, nurture, develop and advance the most talented law students, graduates, lawyers and support personnel
- engage all members of Hogan Lovells with its diversity agenda and integrate diversity and inclusiveness into all activities
- ensure workplace policies and processes are inclusive and designed to promote a high-performance culture that values individual contribution, teamwork, innovation and productivity.
About Hogan Lovells
Hogan Lovells combines the breadth of business-oriented legal advice and high-quality service that clients have come to expect through working with its two founding firms – Hogan & Hartson and Lovells.
"Hogan Lovells" or the "firm" refers to the international legal practice comprising Hogan Lovells International LLP, Hogan Lovells US LLP, Hogan Lovells Worldwide Group (a Swiss Verein), and their affiliated businesses, each of which is a separate legal entity. Hogan Lovells International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC323639. Registered office and principal place of business: Atlantic House, Holborn Viaduct, London EC1A 2FG. Hogan Lovells US LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in the District of Columbia.
The word "partner" is used to refer to a member of Hogan Lovells International LLP or a partner of Hogan Lovells US LLP, or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications, and to a partner, member, employee or consultant in any of their affiliated businesses who has equivalent standing. Rankings and quotes from legal directories and other sources may refer to the former firms of Hogan & Hartson LLP and Lovells LLP. Where case studies are included, results achieved do not guarantee similar outcomes for other clients.