Hogan Lovells Awarded Best Mentoring Programme at Chambers UK Women in Law Awards 2013
18 April 2013
LONDON, 18 April 2013 - Hogan Lovells has been awarded Best Mentoring Programme at the Chambers UK Women in Law Awards.
The inaugural awards honour leading female in-house and Chambers-ranked private practice lawyers who are committed to supporting the advancement of women in the law. The awards also recognise firms with the most innovative gender diversity initiative and mentoring programmes.
Hogan Lovells won the award for Best Mentoring Programme for adding two new mentoring schemes in 2012 - Senior Associate Mentoring and Maternity Mentoring - to its existing programme of mentoring for both male and female lawyers. The programme aims to retain female lawyers at a stage in their careers where, historically, they have left due to family commitments. Hogan Lovells' London Women's Network was also shortlisted in the Most Innovative Gender Diversity Initiative category.
This recognition follows several recent achievements in the corporate diversity arena for Hogan Lovells, which include:
- Ranking in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for the third consecutive year.
- Ranking fifth in the Working Mother magazine 50 Best Law Firms for Women list 2012.
- Achieving 100 percent rating in the Human Rights Campaign’s annual Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality 2012.
- Being awarded the Best Firm for Minority Women Lawyers at the Euromoney European Women in Business Law Awards 2012 and Best International Firm for Women in Business Law in 2011.
Ruth Grant, Co-Chair of Hogan Lovells' Global Diversity Committee, said:
"This award is a great achievement and recognises our commitment to diversity and to progressing gender equality initiatives as part of our strategy to create and maintain an inclusive working environment for our people."
Hogan Lovells has a comprehensive strategy to enhance diversity which means commitments to:
- Recruit, nurture, develop and advance the most talented law students, graduates, lawyers and support personnel.
- Engage all members of Hogan Lovells with its diversity agenda and integrate diversity and inclusiveness into all activities.
- Ensure workplace policies and processes are inclusive and designed to promote a high-performance culture that values individual contribution, teamwork, innovation and productivity.