Hogan Lovells Advises King's Cross Central - 2010 Round-Up
17 December 2010
LONDON, 17 December 2010 - Hogan Lovells has had an exciting year advising long-standing client King's Cross Central Limited Partnership (a partnership made up of Argent, London & Continental Railways and DHL Supply Chain) (“KCCLP”) on a number of projects at King’s Cross Central, as the 67-acre central London mixed use development project has got into its stride, despite a challenging economy.
The latest deal to exchange, an agreement for the construction and long leasehold grant to BNP Paribas Real Estate of the building to be situated outside the entrance to St Pancras International station, which gives access to Paris, where BNPP RE has its headquarters, by train in just over two hours, was already being reported as the ink was drying.
David Partridge, Joint Chief Executive of Argent, said: "We are tremendously pleased to have exchanged this important agreement with BNP Paribas Real Estate, and we are looking forward to working with them in developing their new building. The Hogan Lovells team was proactive and responsive throughout, enabling us to settle the transaction documents and deal with complex title issues within an extremely challenging timeframe."
The Hogan Lovells team was led by Real Estate Partner Andrew Sanders, who was assisted by Gill McGreevy (Partner), Daniel Norris (Partner), Stella Bliss (Senior Associate), Louise Hill (Senior Associate), Katie Nixon (Associate), Sarah Brown (Associate), Gillian Thomas (Partner), Elise Evans (Associate) and James Larmour (Of Counsel).
The year to date has also seen the Hogan Lovells team advising KCCLP on a variety of other notable deals at King’s Cross Central, including:
- all aspects of the unique and innovative project to establish an ESCo - an energy services company with responsibility for the design, construction, financing and operation of a ground-breaking combined heat and power system to serve the whole of King's Cross Central.
- a substantial new revolving credit facility with Barclays Bank PLC.
- KCCLP's agreement with Urbanest to design and build a substantial student housing facility.
- in relation to the provision of affordable housing to King's Cross Central in conjunction with One Housing Group.
- in relation to the implementation of the proposed refurbishment of the Great Northern Hotel by Aries, which exchanged last year.
- ongoing confidential negotiations with various potential public and private sector occupiers for King's Cross Central.
About Hogan Lovells
Hogan Lovells combines the breadth of business-oriented legal advice and high-quality service that clients have come to expect through working with its two founding firms – Hogan & Hartson and Lovells.
"Hogan Lovells" or the "firm" refers to the international legal practice comprising Hogan Lovells International LLP, Hogan Lovells US LLP, Hogan Lovells Worldwide Group (a Swiss Verein), and their affiliated businesses, each of which is a separate legal entity. Hogan Lovells International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC323639. Registered office and principal place of business: Atlantic House, Holborn Viaduct, London EC1A 2FG. Hogan Lovells US LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in the District of Columbia.
The word "partner" is used to refer to a member of Hogan Lovells International LLP or a partner of Hogan Lovells US LLP, or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications, and to a partner, member, employee or consultant in any of their affiliated businesses who has equivalent standing. Rankings and quotes from legal directories and other sources may refer to the former firms of Hogan & Hartson LLP and Lovells LLP. Where case studies are included, results achieved do not guarantee similar outcomes for other clients.