Dell Presents Hogan Lovells With its Annual Legal Diversity Award
23 October 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C. 23 October 2013 - Hogan Lovells is pleased to announce that Dell Inc. recently honored the firm with the “Dell Legal Diversity Award.” This is the second year for the award, which Dell presents annually to a law firm that represents Dell in the United States and best exemplifies Dell’s commitment to diversity. On 24 September, Dell recognized Hogan Lovells for its commitment to advancing diversity in the legal profession during a luncheon in Austin, Texas, before Dell’s legal team from the Americas. On hand to accept the award were Richard Parrino, Dell relationship partner, Claudette Christian, partner and former Chief Diversity Officer, Demetria Johnson, Director of Diversity & Inclusion, and Phyllis Wan, partner and current Chief Diversity Officer for Hogan Lovells US LLP.
"We are honored to receive this award from such a meaningful client with a demonstrated commitment to diversity,” said Ms. Wan. “Our commitment to being a diverse and inclusive place is at the core of our vision and our values. We are extremely proud that Dell presented us with this commendation.”
Dell specifically recognized Hogan Lovells for the many activities that we use to advance diversity, including providing diverse representation and leadership on Dell legal matters. The following are current examples of Hogan Lovells’ wide-ranging diversity initiatives, which influenced Dell’s selection:
- Pairing diverse lawyers in the firm with mentors who are actively involved in the lawyers’ professional development.
- Supporting the development of diverse law students through several regional half-day practical skills program and a mentorship program.
- Providing access to strong female role models and fostering mentoring relationships for women lawyers in the firm.
- Embracing inclusiveness by instituting several affinity groups and employee networks for ethnic minorities and LGBT lawyers who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession.
- Raising awareness of the value of diversity by engaging with and educating its entire workforce on the firm’s vision of inclusiveness.
- Hosting networking and external professional development workshops and programs for diverse lawyer groups.
Dell’s Legal Diversity Committee announced the creation of this law firm award in October 2012 to recognize law firms that understand the importance of diversity and inclusion, like Dell. For more information about this award, please visit the Dell website.