Insights and events
Chambers Latin America
"Federico Hernández impresses clients with 'his expertise, good service and ability to respond to our questions in an informed and direct manner.'"
Federico Hernández, who worked in-house at Mexico's former telecom commission, has first-hand knowledge of complex regulatory issues for the telecommunications sector. He helps clients with regulatory, commercial, and procurement transactions.
National and international companies call on Federico to help them navigate the regulatory challenges and other hurdles involved in establishing and maintaining operations in Mexico. His unique perspective and experience in working with both public and private clients allows him to provide practical and efficient solutions to legal and business problems.
Federico has counseled clients on administrative, procurement, infrastructure, antitrust, corporate, and commercial matters. Clients in industries including technology, media and telecoms; education; sports; consumer; transportation; infrastructure; entertainment and gaming; and non-governmental organizations turn to Federico for his creative approaches and his ability to put together the right legal team.
Earlier in his career, Federico served as director of regulatory affairs of the Mexican telecom regulator Cofetel (the former Federal Telecommunications Commission), where he helped draft policies, regulations and other resolutions. Since then, in his private practice, Federico has advised the Mexican government in complex regulatory and policy projects.
Federico regularly publishes articles and moderates or speaks on panels on such topics as net neutrality, Internet of Things, ISP, machine to machine (M2M), the right to be forgotten, big data, mobile technology, and other hot topics.
"Federico Hernández is valued for 'adapting to the needs of the clients.'"
- Masters, London School of Economics and Political Science, with merit, 2003
- Law Degree, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México, summa cum laude, 1999
- Member, Barra Mexicana Colegio de Abogados (BMA), 2004-Present
- Member, Instituto Nacional de Administración Pública (INAP), 2009-Present
- Member (2013-Present) and Coordinator of the Telecommunications Committee (2015-Present), Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa (ANADE)
- Member, United States-Mexico Bar Association (USMBA), 2013-Present
- Member, International Bar Association, 2014-Present