Hogan Lovells is hosting the third annual Winnik International Telecoms & Internet Forum, which will be held on 22 October 2014 at Hogan Lovells’ Washington, D.C. office. This forum brings together professionals from around the world for an afternoon of high-level discussion on current topics in international telecoms, media, and the Internet landscape.
12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
Lunch and keynote address by Maureen Ohlhausen, Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission
1:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Panel discussions on hot topics including:
- Spectrum Policy — Emerging Issues in Mobile Broadband and Wireless Services
- Privacy, Cybersecurity, and Law Enforcement Access Issues for Connected Devices
- Connected in Mobile Health
- Internet of Things — Who Owns the Customer?
Guest panelists include:
- Roger Sherman, Chief, FCC Wireless Telecommunications Bureau
- Dean Brenner, Senior Vice President for Government Affairs, Qualcomm
- Michael Brown, Vice President of Security Product Management and Research, BlackBerry
- Charlie Giordano, Chief Technology Officer for GE Healthcare Life Care
- Kathleen Ham, Vice President of Federal Regulatory Affairs, T-Mobile
- David Jeppsen, Vice President of Business Development and Public Affairs, NTT DoCoMo USA
- Julie Kearney, Vice President, Consumer Electronics Association
- Danielle Kriz, Director of Global Cybersecurity Policy, Information Technology Industry Council
- Harry Lightsey, Executive Director, Global Connected Consumer, General Motors
- Jules Polonetsky, Executive Director & Co-Chair, Future of Privacy Forum
- Tom Schaffnit, President, VII Consortium/Consultant to Honda
Cocktail reception — 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
To register to attend the Winnik Forum, click here.
Hogan Lovells is hosting this forum in honor of our former partner Joel Winnik, who practiced international telecom law until his passing in 2012.