Global TMT industry sector leaders Michele Farquhar and Winston Maxwell will host a one-hour webcast briefing with the Practising Law Institute on Thursday, March 26, 2015 on net neutrality. Register now.
The FCC's net neutrality proceeding has generated unprecedented consumer and business interest and acrimonious debate among industry players, not to mention strong White House and Congressional interest. Now that the FCC has adopted its Open Internet decision, businesses are assessing the legal and compliance risks of these new rules and the reclassification of broadband services as telecommunications services. The decision is also part of a broader global debate on net neutrality, as Internet traffic volumes soar and traditional telecom and content distribution revenue models face disruption from new technologies and services.
Please join Hogan Lovells experts Michele C. Farquhar (Washington, D.C.) and Winston Maxwell (Paris) to discuss these developments and their impact on the regulatory and business climate on both sides of the Atlantic. They will discuss:
- The recent U.S. Open Internet decision and reclassification of broadband services
- The legal and compliance risks from this decision
- The impact of the decision on other U.S regulators as well as European regulators
- Net neutrality legislation pending in Europe, and the key differences with the U.S.
- Hot issues (paid peering and zero rating) and recent enforcement action in Europe
- The impact on TMT businesses on both sides of the Atlantic
PLI Group Discounts
Groups of 4-14 from the same organization, all registering at the same time, for a PLI program scheduled for presentation at the same site, are entitled to receive a group discount. For further discount information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
PLI Can Arrange Group Viewing to Your Firm
Contact the Groupcasts Department via email at email@example.com for more details.