For the past year, the healthcare sector has been anticipating "Accountable Care Organizations," a concept adopted in the health reform law to be implemented by the Medicare program beginning January 2012. Some observers believe ACOs will be a transformative event for healthcare delivery, while others are much more skeptical of their potential. It is only this past week, however, with the release of the proposed ACO regulations that the scope of the Medicare ACO program, as currently envisioned, is becoming clear. Key topics to be addressed in this webinar include:
- What are the CMS requirements for an ACO?
- How will fraud and abuse and Stark considerations be addressed?
- What is the new antitrust guidance?
- What needs to be addressed short-term in planning for ACOs?
- What are the long-term implications for providers, payers, manufacturers, and HIT companies?
- What types of state laws must an ACO consider?
Click here for the webinar recording.