In this seminar, speakers from the Hogan Lovells pension group will review recent legal developments in pensions, emphasising the practical implications for trustees and sponsors of occupational pension schemes.
Following the announcement in Tuesday's budget that the plans to restrict pension tax relief for higher earners from April 2011 have been abandoned, we have amended the programme for this seminar. We will now include a talk from a member of Hogan Lovells' commercial property team on how corporate pension trustees will be affected by the Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme and steps trustees may wish to take before the Scheme has effect from April 2011.
Topics covered will include:
• The new Government's plans for pensions
• Carbon Reduction Commitment - how corporate trustees may be affected
• Action to take now regarding repayments of surplus
• Update on the auto-enrolment requirements
• Recent cases
• Other legal and regulatory developments
The seminar will be informal, with breakfast and refreshments available throughout.
Target audience: Trustees and sponsors of occupational pension schemes and their advisers
Law Society and PMI CPD points: 1.5 hours
To register contact email@example.com